Thursday, April 24, 2008

New York, New York

Taking M to NYC for a 4-day trip of just her, mommy and NO COMPUTER! (does my iPhone count? I really need to have a phone when we're there...) Yea! travel reward points, who take XL away for way too many days, but mean *free* airplane tickets, and *free* hotel rooms for the rest of the family.

Here's the to-do list so far, followed by the influences / points of interest

Statue of Liberty
: the unit they did on the Statue in school, the grandparents have a brick at Ellis Island.

Met Museum: this book, Temple of Dendur

Children's Museum of Manhattan: Greek Mythology show

Dylan's Candy Bar: Well, duh! I said she could get whatever she wanted. This so far seems to be the highlight of the trip, sigh.

Otto: avocado gelato

Pain Quotidien: softboiled egg in a shell

For me, no rushing her for a change - the only appointments in the four day we have is with the Staten Island Ferry and the airplane home. There's always gelato here or here if we need to find a reason to go somewhere. I think the guy in the East Village who does the ricotta gelato is still around, read something about him recently tho I think I'd like it more than M would.

Of course I would like to shop too, but M (probably) won't, even if I love best shopping for her and her brother. But I may just keep track of all my wish-list stores in some other posts...

No comments: